Sunday, January 23, 2011

An Afternoon with the Governor and Lt. Governor of Pennsylvania

Darnell in the governor's driveway looking at all the people freezing, trying to get in to see the Governor's House.


The Music Progam for the guest in two of the Governor's rooms.






First Lady Susan Corbett and Darnell L Williams making small talk.


We had a wonderful time at Governor Corbett’s Residents today. It was cold outside and it took 20 minutes to get inside. I ate up his cookies and listen to the chamber music. Thousands of people from all over the state came to wish the new administration well. I just came for the cookies and to walk around the estate. Everyone knows that I will travel for miles just to get a free meal.

I did chat with Susan, the Governor’s wife for a while about why I moved to Harrisburg from the Pittsburgh area in 1985. She is from Schuylkill County but Tom Corbett is from Allegheny County, where I grew up. Today, the governor’s place is Steeler Country. Tom, the governor is leaving to fly to Pittsburgh for the Championship Game. I asked him to tell the team owner’s that Darnell Williams said “Hi.”
The Governor's staff told me that they are still moving in. Tom said that they stayed someplace on front street. I forgot where. I was to busy trying to take as many cookies as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment